The spirit of Hobey Baker lives on in the rink bearing his name.
Some nine decades ago, in December 1921, it was announced that Princeton would build a hockey rink and name it after its greatest athletic hero, Hobart A.H. Baker '14. While the game setting that fans enjoy inside Hobey Baker Rink is very similar to what fans enjoyed when the building opened, the facility has undergone several upgrades and renovations through the years to give the Princeton hockey teams a modern and top-notch facility in which they train and compete.
The most recent renovations to rink have been the lobby upgrades at the north end of the arena. Trophy cases, photo montages and new paint now pay homage to the history and tradition of hockey at Princeton. In the northwest corner of the lobby are trophy cases honoring both Hobey Baker and Patty Kazmaier. That part of the lobby also houses ward plaques for both the men's and women's teams as well as the certificates of Princeton first-team All-Americas.
The southwest corner of the lobby houses the Ken Scasserra Friends Room, which was dedicated in the fall of 2010. The room, which looks out onto the ice surface provides both teams with a place to meet and entertain perspective student-athletes and alumni. The northeast corner also houses additional trophy cases and plaques.
The dasher boards at Baker Rink were replaced in the summer of 2010 and the facility has a modern ice plant and dehumidification system.
The varsity hallway lies under the east side of the building and features the Princeton locker rooms, weight room, equipment room, bike room, athletic training room and coaches rooms. The men's and women's locker room both feature custom wooden lockers, stick racks, wall graphics and new carpeting.