The Athletics Friends Groups at Princeton University support a wide range of needs and opportunities within each of the 38 varsity athletics teams. Currently, there are 18 Athletics Friends Groups, as they are co-ed groups. Each Athletics Friends Group has a volunteer president, and in some cases, other volunteer board members to assist in the fundraising efforts. These volunteers work diligently to raise funds for their respective Athletics Friends Group through solicitation letters, phone-a-thons, and events. Annual Gifts to the Athletics Friends Groups can be used immediately and may be directed to a sport-specific program.
The Athletic Department and coaches rely on the financial support of their Athletics Friends Group for continued success in their programs, and to remain competitive in recruiting and maintaining quality experiences for student-athletes at Princeton University. Friends' events and programs (such as mentoring, networking nights, and on the road gatherings) are invaluable opportunities provided for the Princeton student-athlete community.
The following are some of the general items that the Athletics Friends Groups support:
• Travel- out-of-region competition, training trips, out-of-season competition
• Technology- cell phones, specialized software, video and editing equipment
• Team support- out of term meals, photography, medical support
• Program enhancements for coaching staff
• Program enhancements for players
• Recruiting- transportation, lodging, hosting
• Events for alumni and friends
• Friends Group communications
• Player and parent functions
• Professional books, memberships, conventions and clinics
• Team banquets, awards
We thank you for your support and investing in the future and experience of Princeton student-athletes!
To Make a Gift to an Athletics Friends Group, click here.
If you prefer to mail in your gift, click here for a contribution card.
If you have questions regarding Athletics Friends Groups, how they work, or ways to get involved, please contact Diana Dreyfus, Development Officer for Athletics Friends Groups, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also see the below list of our selfless and dedicated Friends President's who work tirelessly on behalf of Princeton and Princeton Athletics: