@PtonMensTennis Wins Fifth Straight, Defeats Stony Brook 7-0
Princeton's men's tennis team won its fifth straight match Friday afternoon, defeating Stony Brook 7-0 to come within one match of sweeping a six-match homestand.
Ten Tigers contributed to the sweep, with Matt Siow and Dan Davies getting wins in both singles and doubles. All six singles wins were in straight sets, with a Stony Brook player getting as many as four games only twice, and none of the three doubles matches was closer than 8-4.
The current winning streak matches a five-match run Princeton had last year. In 2011, Princeton had its last six-match win streak.
Princeton (8-3) will host St. John's (1-9) Saturday at 5 p.m. on the indoor courts in Jadwin Gym to complete the three-weekend homestand.
(52) Princeton (8-3) 7, Stony Brook (0-6) 0
1. Davies/Florin Radu (P) def. Knudtzon/Morales (SB), 8-4
2. Mohamed El Tonbari/Siow (P) def. Forai/Locatelli (SB), 8-4
3. Michael Lin/Ben Quazzo (P) def. Vincius Degani/Timmerman (SB), 8-2
Order of finish: 3,1,2
1. Matt Spindler (P) def. Rick Timmerman (SB), 6-3, 6-4
2. Matt Siow (P) def. Mons Knudtzon (SB), 6-0, 6-3
3. Dan Richardson (P) def. Jose Morales (SB), 6-2, 6-2
4. Augie Bloom (P) def. Robert Forai (SB), 6-1, 6-4
5. Jonathan Carcione (P) def. Marcelo Locatelli (SB), 6-2, 6-0
6. Dan Davies (P) def. David Livingston (SB), 6-1, 6-1
Order of finish: 6,4,2,5,1,3