Women's Tennis Caps Ohio Trip With 6-1 Win at Akron
Taking the doubles point and the top four singles matches, the 73rd-ranked Princeton women's tennis team defeated Akron 6-1 Sunday afternoon in Ohio, gaining a split on the team's trip to the Buckeye State after losing 4-3 to No. 52 Missouri on Akron's courts the day before.
Princeton clinched the doubles point while giving up only four games between the victorious second and third courts. In singles play, Lindsay Graff, Amanda Muliawan and Monica Chow all won their matches in straight sets.
The last match to tip Princeton's way was a third-set comeback by Katherine Flanigan after she lost the first set 6-2.
Princeton will compete in the ECAC Championship next weekend. Seeds for that tournament are scheduled to be announced Monday.
(73) Princeton (2-1) 6, Akron (1-5) 1
1. Angelina Jogasuria/Pantusart (A) def. (45) Graff/Muliawan (P), 8-7(5)
2. Flanigan/Hahn (P) def. Cohen/Angelika Jogasuria (A), 8-3
3. (58) Chow/Goepel (P) def. Berestetska/Andrea Duva (A), 8-1
Order of finish: 3,2,1
1. Lindsay Graff (P) def. Prang Pantusart (A), 6-3, 6-2
2. (52) Amanda Muliawan (P) def. Olga Shkundina (A), 6-0, ret.
3. Katherine Flanigan (P) def. Angelina Jogasuria (A), 2-6, 6-4, 6-3
4. Monica Chow (P) def. Angelika Jogasuria (A), 6-1, 6-4
5. Ksenia Berestetska (A) def. Katie Goepel (P), 6-3, 6-2
6. Emily Hahn (P) def. Madison Cohen (A), 6-1, 4-6, 6-0
Order of finish: 2,5,4,1,6,3