Men's Tennis Battles to Near Draw with Arkansas, Penn State
Princeton's men's tennis team finished nearly even Saturday at the Navy National All-Conference Invitational, but the Tigers came up two matches short.
Princeton split the four doubles matches against players from Arkansas and Penn State, but the Hogs and Lions combined to take six of the nine singles matches to win the afternoon.
"We had several close matches and I would've liked to have seen us do a better job mentally in a few of them," Princeton coach Billy Pate said. "However, it's good to be tested early in the fall as this will certainly help prepare us for the dual-match season. We'll look to finish strong in wrapping up the event tomorrow against Navy."
Princeton will face players from the Naval Academy Sunday at 2 p.m. to close out the event.
1. Zack McCourt/Dan Davies (P) def. Christian Lutschaunig/Roman Trkulja (PS), 8-7(1)
2. Augie Bloom/Jonathan Carcione (P) def. Christian Lee/Juan Marino (A), 8-6
3. Matt Barry/David Kohan (PS) def. Tom Colautti/Alex Day (P), 8-7(2)
4. Johan den Toom/Jacob Herndon (A) def. Mohamed El Tonbari/Ben Quazzo (P), 8-6
1. Roman Trkulja (PS) def. Zack McCourt (P), 6-1, 6-4
2. Tom Colautti (P) def. Christian Lee (A), 6-2, 5-7, 6-3
3. Matt Barry (PS) def. Jonathan Carcione (P), 1-6, 6-2, 6-4
4. Alex Day (P) def. Juan Marino (A), 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
5. David Kohan (PS) def. Dan Davies (P), 7-5, 6-3
6. Johan den Toom (A) def. Augie Bloom (P), 6-4, 7-6(4)
7. Nika Dolidze (PS) def. Florin Radu (P), 3-6, 6-2, 6-2
8. Josh Yablon (P) def. Jacob Herndon (A), 6-4, 6-0
9. Christian Lutschaunig (PS) def. Ben Quazzo (P), 6-3, 6-4