Dartmouth handed the Princeton women's tennis team its second Ivy loss of the season while the Big Green gained its first league win Sunday afternoon in Hanover.
Dartmouth accomplished the feat with wins on the top three singles lines after taking the doubles point. Katie Goepel, Emily Hahn and Joan Cannon were singles winners for Princeton, while Cannon and Lindsay Graff teamed up to win 8-0 at first doubles while their teammates fell in a pair of 8-6 matches at second and third.
Princeton tied the match at 2-2 after Hahn's and Cannon's singles win, and it was tied again at 3-3 when Goepel countered a win from Dartmouth's Akiko Okuda at second. The match came down to Katherine Yau and Graff, and Yau rallied from losing the second set to beat Graff in a tiebreak following a tight third set.
Princeton will host Cornell Friday before visiting Columbia next Sunday to close the regular season.
Dartmouth (8-7, 1-3) 4, (68) Princeton (11-6, 3-2) 3
1. Cannon/Graff (P) def. Okuda/Yau (D) 8-0
2. Bessen/Matsuoka (D) def. Flanigan/Hahn (P), 8-6
3. Julienne Keong/Jeri Reichel (D) def. Chow/Goepel (P), 8-6
Order of finish: 1,3,2
1. Katherine Yau (D) def. Lindsay Graff (P), 6-3, 2-6, 7-6(4)
2. Akiko Okuda (D) def. Katherine Flanigan (P), 4-6, 7-5, 6-3
3. Melissa Matsuoka (D) def. Monica Chow (P), 6-0, 6-0
4. Katie Goepel (P) def. Sarah Bessen (D), 7-6, 0-6, 6-0
5. Emily Hahn (P) def. Suzy Tan (D), 7-5, 6-1
6. Joan Cannon (P) def. Christina Danosi (D), 6-4, 6-4
Order of finish: 3,6,5,2,4,1