Chow's Win at Fourth Clinches 4-3 Win Over Syracuse for @PrincetonTennis
In its first of two matches over the spring break week, the Princeton women's tennis team extended its win streak to three matches with a 4-3 victory at Syracuse Saturday afternoon.
Syracuse won the doubles point, but the Tigers made up for it with singles wins from Lindsay Graff, Katherine Flanigan, Monica Chow and Emily Hahn to reach four points. Chow's win at fourth singles provided the clincher.
Princeton will finish the regular season 3-0 against Big East teams, adding the Syracuse win to victories in Jadwin Gym against Rutgers and Seton Hall. Princeton will head to California for a match at Loyola Marymount Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time, 4:30 Eastern.
(64) Princeton (8-3) 4, Syracuse (5-7) 3
1. Kobelt/Lashway (S) def. Joan Cannon/Goepel (P), 8-3
2. Chow/Graff (P) def. Marrow/Rodgers (S), 8-2
3. Sophia Dzulynsky/Wu (S) def. Flanigan/Hahn (P), 8-6
Order of finish: 1,2,3
1. Amanda Rodgers (S) def. Amanda Muliawan (P), 1-0, inj.
2. Lindsay Graff (P) def. Maddie Kobelt (S), 6-2, 6-3
3. Katherine Flanigan (P) def. Jimena Wu (S), 6-2, 7-5
4. Monica Chow (P) def. Brittany Lashway (S), 7-5, 6-2
5. Breanna Bachini (S) def. Katie Goepel (P), 7-6(4), 6-4
6. Emily Hahn (P) def. Aleah Marrow (S), 6-4, 6-3
Order of finish: 1,3,2,5,6,4