• GoPrincetonTigers.Tv Princeton Store Tickets
  • Donate Live Events Live Stats
ILDN Early Bird Promo
ILDN Early Bird Promo
Football Fireworks C/S Day MM
Fencers Take Four of Six Titles at NCAA Regional
Send this article to a friend Print RSS
Courtesy: Princeton Athletic Communications
Release: 03/08/2014
Ambika Singh, Katharine Holmes, Jack Hudson and Gracie Stone all won NCAA Mid-Atlantic/South Regional titles Saturday at Lafayette.
View larger Courtesy: Princeton Athletic Communications

Ambika Singh, Katharine Holmes, Jack Hudson and Gracie Stone all won NCAA Mid-Atlantic/South Regional titles Saturday at Lafayette.

Princeton turned in a successful NCAA Mid-Atlantic/South Regional performance Saturday as four Tigers won titles.

Foilist Ambika Singh, epeeists Katharine Holmes and Jack Hudson, and saberist Gracie Stone all finished atop the table in their weapons. Singh's title is her third consecutive, and she can go for the career sweep next year. Stone finished behind only her sister Eliza Stone '13 as a freshman last season.

The regionals account for 60 percent of a fencer's results toward qualifying for the NCAA finals. The other 40 percent came from regular-season bouts. Depending on the weapon, the Mid-Atlantic/South Region is allocated between six and eight places at the NCAA finals, and the field will be announced Tuesday. Princeton has placed the maximum 12 at the NCAA Championships each of the last four years.

Princeton's finishes are below, and complete results can be found here.

Men's Foil
4. Michael Dudey
7. Rodney Chen
17. Jeff Chen

Women's Foil
1. Ambika Singh
2. Sharon Gao
4. Eve Levin
7. Ashley Tsue

Men's Saber
5. Philip Dershwitz
14. Peter Pak
17. Michael Wiest
18. Robert Stone

Women's Epee
1. Katharine Holmes
2. Susannah Scanlan
13. Audrey Abend
22. Christina Efthimion

Women's Saber
1. Gracie Stone
3. Diamond Wheeler
5. Desirae Major
16. Arden Youngblood

Men's Epee
1. Jack Hudson
10. Alex House
16. Jamie O'Donnell
18. Luke Politi

ETAPVCFriends Groups
Free VideosTiger BlogMore Headlines

TigerBlog , the official blog of Princeton Athletics.

Sept. 19, 2014 - Opening Out West
Tags: Football

Sept. 18, 2014 - 200, Or Is That 202?
Tags: general

Sept. 17, 2014 - Soccer Trumps Meth For A Night
Tags: Soccer

Sept. 16, 2014 - Boycotting At Bedford
Tags: Field Hockey

Sept. 15, 2014 - All-Access: Training Camp
Tags: Football

Sept. 18, 2014 TigerCast
Matt Costello and Garrit Leicht join the debut TigerCast of...
May 15, 2014 TigerCast
Rowers Will Gillis (heavyweights) and Ed Northrop (lightweights)...
May 8, 2014 TigerCast
Molly Higgins and Adam Bragg join TigerCast to discuss the...
Wrestling Facebook
Hyatt Slider

PNC Bank
Sports Camps
Athlete of the Week
Presented by Coach USA
Sept. 15 - Lauren Lazo (Women's Soccer)
National Champions
Julia Ratcliffe Wins Title
Championship Streak Now 43
Princeton Sports Properties
Official Corporate Partners
Join the Princeton Corporate Partner Team
Sports Tickets
Proud Partner of Princeton Athletics
Buy and sell college and pro sports tickets
Email Updates
Don't Miss a Minute of the Action
Sign up to receive exclusive Princeton Tiger email updates