Men's Tennis Takes 11 of 12 from Indiana to Open Navy Invite
Princeton's men's tennis team opened the Navy National All-Conference Invitational with a successful Friday, taking 11 of 12 matches against Indiana.
The Tigers swept all eight singles matches, six in straight sets, while taking the top three doubles matches. The wins come after a layoff of nearly two weeks for Princeton after the annual Princeton/Farnsworth Invitational wrapped up on Sept. 15.
"I was very pleased with the effort and energy level today," Princeton head coach Billy Pate said. "Each time we compete, the guys are making a concerted effort to improve. I clearly thought we did that from the last tournament and hopefully that trend continues with tomorrow's matches."
Princeton will look to keep the wins coming Saturday when they take on players from Arkansas and Penn State at 2 p.m. Sunday, Princeton will face host Navy at 2 p.m.
1. Dan Davies/Zack McCourt (P) def. Daniel Bednarczyk/Chris Essick (I), 8-5
2. Augie Bloom/Jonathan Carcione (P) def. Kellen Bates/Michael Sellitto (I), 8-6
3. Tom Colautti/Alex Day (P) def. Alekzander Davila/Stefan Lugonjic (I), 8-6
4. Matt McCoy/George Rivers (I) def. Mohamed El Tonbari/Ben Quazzo (P), 8-6
1. Zack McCourt (P) def. Daniel Bednarczyk (I), 4-6, 6-4, 7-6(8)
2. Tom Colautti (P) def. Chris Essick (I), 6-4, 6-1
3. Jonathan Carcione (P) def. Stefan Lugonjic (I), 6-2, 3-6, 6-1
4. Alex Day (P) def. Kellen Bates (I), 6-1, 6-0
5. Dan Davies (P) def. Matt McCoy (I), 6-2, 6-4
6. Augie Bloom (P) def. Alekzander Davila (I), 6-4, 6-1
7. Florin Radu (P) def. George Rivers (I), 6-2, 6-1
8. Josh Yablon (P) def. Michael Sellitto (I), 6-4, 6-1