Coach For College on the Princeton Varsity Club website
The Princeton Varsity Club is pleased to announce six Princeton student-athletes have been selected to travel to the Phung Hiep District of the Hau Giang Province in southern Vietnam to volunteer for Coach for College, a global initiative aimed at promoting higher education through sports.
Those six individuals are:
- Brian Costa’17 – Men’s Soccer (freshman from Warren, New Jersey)
- Morgan Hallock ’17 – Women’s Water Polo (freshman from Westlake, California)
- Jaimie McDonell ’16 – Women’s Ice Hockey (sophomore from East York, Ontario)
- Anna Menke ’16 – Women’s Lacrosse (sophomore from New Hampton, New Hampshire)
- Danielle Sawtelle ’17 – Women’s Lightweight Rowing (freshman from Burke, Virginia)
- Bryant Switzer ’17 – Men’s Track & Field (freshman from Mansfield, Ohio)
Coach for College is a program open to varsity student-athletes, which aims to increase higher education attainment among disadvantaged Vietnamese adolescents using the excitement and life skills provided by participation in sports-related activities. The program provides American college athletes with an intensive and collaborative service experience that engenders the skills needed to exercise leadership and commitment to positive social change.