Tennis Completes Sweep of Weekend Home Matches, Defeats Bucknell
Turning in a 7-0 win for the second straight day in Jadwin Gym, the Princeton men's tennis team beat Bucknell Sunday afternoon.
"Overall, I was pleased with the level of play this weekend, particularly in singles," Princeton head coach Billy Pate said. "We also inserted a few different guys to get some much-needed experience. We look forward to having a good weekend of practice and continuing our home stand next weekend."
Mohamed El Tonbari, in singles, and Ben Quazzo, in doubles, saw their first action of the dual-meet season.
The win completed a weekend sweep of the first of three straight weekends of home matches for the team. The Tigers defeated Fairleigh Dickinson Saturday afternoon and will face Buffalo and UC Santa Barbara next weekend in Princeton.
Princeton is ranked No. 65 in the Feb. 19 ITA national rankings, while UC Santa Barbara is No. 73. New rankings will be out Tuesday.
(65) Princeton (5-3) 7, Bucknell (4-4) 0
1. Bloom/Siow (P) def. Bybel/Katten (B), 8-5
2. McCourt/Spindler (P) def. Morque/Zimmer (B), 8-6
3. Lin/Quazzo (P) def. Canibe/Lynch (B), 8-5
Order of finish: 3,1,2
1. Zack McCourt (P) def. Nick Bybel (B), 6-2, 6-3
2. Matt Spindler (P) def. Kelly Morque (B), 6-0, 6-1
3. Augie Bloom (P) def. Evan Zimmer (B), 6-3, 6-4
4. Matt Siow (P) def. Josh Katten (B), 6-1, 6-1
5. Jonathan Carcione (P) def. Octavio Canibe (B), 7-5, 6-0
6. Mohamed El Tonbari (P) def. Kyle Rosen (B), 6-1, 4-6, (10-5)
Order of finish: 4,2,1,6,5,3