Lazo Nets Both as Women's Soccer Defeats Dartmouth 2-1
• The Princeton women's soccer team defeated Dartmouth 2-1 Saturday afternoon on Myslik Field at Roberts Stadium.
• Princeton improves to 2-0 in the Ivy League and 6-3-1 overall with the win, while Dartmouth fell to 1-1 in the Ivy and 6-3 overall with the loss.
• It is the eighth time since 1999 and fourth time in the last six years that Princeton has started 2-0 in the Ivy League.
• All three goals were scored in a span of 4:25 in the second half.
• Lauren Lazo had both for Princeton, her first two goals of the season.
• Lazo's first goal came at 74:31, when Kacie Kergides put in a corner that Caitlin Blosser headed and Lazo then headed into the goal. Lazo scored again at 78:04, dribbling around a defender just inside the 18-yard-box for a 2-0 lead.
• Dartmouth narrowed it to 2-1 with 11 minutes to go in regulation as Chrissy Lozier, the team's top scorer, now with six goals on the season, headed in a ball past Princeton keeper Claire Pinciaro.
• Pinciaro finished with nine saves for Princeton while Dartmouth keeper Tatiana Saunders had four. Dartmouth outshot the Tigers 16-9 on the afternoon.
• Princeton will not have a midweek game this week, next taking the field at home again next Saturday against Brown at 4 p.m.