Women's Tennis Sweeps Rutgers in Home Opener
Winning its 17th straight match in the series, the Princeton women's tennis team defeated Rutgers 7-0 Saturday afternoon in Jadwin Gym, improving to 3-1 on the new dual-meet season.
The Tigers, who saw the ECAC Championship canceled last weekend due to Winter Storm Nemo, were in competition for the first time since winning at Akron on Feb. 3. Rutgers had won back-to-back matches, most recently 5-2 against Fairleigh Dickinson this past Wednesday.
The match was played in front of about 150 fans as part of the USTA's Campus Kids Day event.
Princeton improved to 34-2 all-time in the series against Rutgers. The last two meetings have now come with Princeton sweeps.
The Tigers will hit the court again at 11 a.m. Sunday against Seton Hall. The Pirates fell to 0-4 on the season with a 6-1 loss to NJIT Friday.
(72) Princeton (3-1) 7, Rutgers (2-2) 0
1. Cannon/Graff (P) def. Li/Petrini (R), 8-6
2. Flanigan/Hahn (P) def. Kayati/Zein (R), 8-7(4)
3. Chow/Muliawan (P) def. Balsamo/Judeh (R), 8-4
Order of finish: 3,1,2
1. Lindsay Graff (P) def. (99) Vanessa Petrini (R), 6-0, 6-4
2. (85) Amanda Muliawan (P) def. Gina Li (R), 4-6, 6-0, (11-9)
3. Katherine Flanigan (P) def. Mariam Zein (R), 6-1, 6-1
4. Monica Chow (P) def. Noor Judeh (R), 6-2, 6-0
5. Katie Goepel (P) def. Lindsey Kayati (R), 6-2, 2-6, (13-10)
6. Emily Hahn (P) def. Lindsay Balsamo (R), 6-1, 6-0
Order of finish: 6,3,4,1,5,2