Nearly five hours after taking the court in Los Angeles, the Princeton women's tennis team came up just short to Loyola Marymount in a battle of two ITA-ranked teams.
No. 62 Princeton won the doubles point and needed to win at least three singles matches, but those were tough to come by. No. 75 LMU won the first two singles matches to be decided to pull ahead 2-1. Lindsay Graff had a win at first singles to make it 2-2, but a win at second singles for the Lions put Princeton on the brink.
Katherine Flanigan won her match in three sets to keep Princeton's chance of victory alive, and the focus shifted to court five, where Emily Hahn had won the first set over LMU's Kristine Kouyoumjian. Despite that, Kouyoumjian rallied with 6-4 wins in each of the last two sets to come up with the clinching fourth point for the Lions.
The match was Princeton's lone contest on the spring trip, and the Tigers will open Ivy League play at Penn next Saturday.
(75) Loyola Marymount (6-5) 4, (62) Princeton (8-4) 3
1. Bisharat/Razzeto (L) def. Cannon/Goepel (P), 8-7(11)
2. Chow/Graff (P) def. Jin/Rohonyi (L), 8-2
3. Flanigan/Hahn (P) def. Parravi/Lisa Piller (L), 8-3
Order of finish: 2,3,1
1. Lindsay Graff (P) def. April Bisharat (L), 6-3, 6-1
2. Claudia Razzeto (L) def. Monica Chow (P), 6-3, 6-3
3. Katherine Flanigan (P) def. Miya Jin (L), 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
4. Tory Parravi (L) def. Katie Goepel (P), 6-2, 6-2
5. Kristine Kouyoumjian (L) def. Emily Hahn, 5-7, 6-4, 6-4
6. Reka Rohonyi (L) def. Joan Cannon (P), 6-2, 7-5
Order of finish: 4,6,1,2,3,5