Baseballís Spring Break Trip Opens at UNC-Greensboro; Schedule Update
|Princeton (2-5) at UNC-Greensboro (7-9)|
|Game Info:||Saturday, Mar. 15 and Monday, Mar. 17
|All-Time Series:||UNC-Greensboro leads 13-2|
|Last Meeting:||UNC-Greensboro won 9-7 on Mar. 20, 2013 in Greensboro, N.C.|
||@PUTIGERS l @PUTigerBaseball
|About Princeton:||Roster l Schedule l Stats|
|About UNCG:||Roster l Schedule l Stats|
|Game One:||Saturday, Mar. 15 • 1 p.m. • Live Stats|
|Probable Starters:||Princeton: LHP Michael Fagan (1-1, 3.27 ERA, 15K)
UNCG: RHP Ryan Clark (1-2, 0.78 ERA, 17K)
|Game Two:||Saturday, Mar. 15 • 3:30 p.m. • Live Stats|
|Probable Starters:||Princeton: RHP Cameron Mingo (0-1, 9.00 ERA)
UNCG: RHP Max Povse (2-1, 2.59 ERA, 20 K)
|Game Three:||Monday, Mar. 17 • 6 p.m. • Live Stats|
|Probable Starters:||Princeton: LHP Keelan Smithers (0-0, 11.25 ERA, 6K)
UNCG: RHP Dylan Thompson (0-1, 2.00 ERA, 10K)
The Princeton baseball team will head to the Mid-Atlantic for its final leg of the team’s season-opening road swing. The 10-game road trip through North Carolina and Maryland begins at UNC-Greensboro for a three-game slate from Mar. 15-17, followed by visits to No. 13 North Carolina (Mar. 18), Duke (Mar. 20) and a neutral sited meeting with Maine (Mar. 20).
Due to impending inclement weather the series has been adjusted. The Tigers will play a doubleheader on Saturday beginning at 1 p.m. and a single game on Monday. Any further updates will be posted on GoPrincetonTigers.com, @PUTIGERS and @PUTigerBaseball.
Last Time Out:
• The Tigers improved to 2-5 behind a weekend split with Michigan in Port St. Lucie, Fla. at the New York Mets’ Spring Training facility.
• Princeton picked up its first two wins of the year, 7-3, on Mar. 7 and 6-5 the next day to split the four-game series.
• Production at the plate was led by a trio of freshmen, with Nick Hernandez finishing with a team-leading .368 (7-for-19) average over the series.
• On the mound Michael Fagan and Bryce Keller earned their first wins of the year.
• The Tigers’ stint in Annapolis, Md. opens with their neutral sited contest versus Maine on Mar. 20. After a day break in play, Princeton and host-Navy will square off in a four-game series on Mar. 22 and 23.
• Princeton will then return home to kick off the home half and Ivy League schedule with Harvard (Mar. 29) and Dartmouth (Mar. 30).
• Are you following Princeton on social media? Follow the athletics department at Facebook.com/PrincetonAthletics, Twitter.com/PUTIGERS, Vine.co/PUTIGERS and Instagram.com/PrincetonAthletics.
• To connect with the baseball program, follow the Tigers on Twitter via @PUTigerBaseball.
Baer Named Ivy Rookie of the Week:
• For the second consecutive week, a Princeton newcomer was named Ivy Rookie of the Week with Danny Baer collecting the honor.
• The outfielder went 5-for-15 (.333) with four RBI, three runs, two doubles and recorded his first career triple over four starts versus Michigan.
• Baer is batting .360 (9-for-25), second-best for the Tigers and ranking seventh among the Ivy League.
Fagan Sets New Career High:
• Two games into the year and senior lefty Michael Fagan already leads the Ivy League in strikeouts with 15 spanning 11.0 innings.
• Fagan is coming off a career-high 10-strikeout performance over 6.0 innings versus Michigan. He opened with five scoreless innings en route to his first in of the year, 7-3, on Mar. 7.
Keller Collects First Career Win:
• Freshman reliever Bryce Keller earned his first career victory, 6-5, on Mar. 8 versus Michigan.
• Keller got the Tigers out of a jam in the middle of the sixth after they had conceded the lead, 4-3.
• He pitched three more strong innings, tossing three strikeouts and limiting the Wolverines to a run on three hits to close things out.
• UNC-Greensboro (7-9) enters this weekend’s series after topping East Carolina, 6-5, and falling to UNC-Wilmington, 5-2, in a pair of midweek meetings.
• The Spartans are led by three players batting over .300, with Zac MacAneney’s .370 (20-for-54) headlining the offense.
• Game one starter Ryan Clark (1-2) paces the rotation with a 0.78 ERA over four appearances spanning 23.0 innings. He’s tossed 17 strikeouts, given up 15 hits and batters are hitting .179 against him.
All-Time versus UNC-Greensboro:
• UNC-Greensboro leads the all-time series versus Princeton 13-2, with all 15 meetings coming in North Carolina.
• The Tigers fell 9-7 to the Spartans in the last meeting on Mar. 20, 2013.