Men's Soccer Schedule - Boston University
Saturday, Sept. 20, 4 p.m. in Boston.
• 2013 Record: 6-10-1, 3-6 / 7th Patriot League
• Series vs. Princeton: First meeting
• On the Terriers: Last year was BU's first year in the Patriot League after years in the America East. All-Region and all-league striker Dominique Badji and Lucas McBride are the team's top scorers and combined for 10 of the team's 17 goals in 2013. As a rookie Matt Gilbert had a 1.05 GAA and an .807 save percentage in net.
|Head Coach||Neil Roberts, 30th year|
Wednesday, Sept. 17, 7 p.m. in Princeton
• 2013 Record: 14-5-2, 6-2-1 / 1st BIG EAST - NCAA Tournament
• Series vs. Princeton: Georgetown leads 5-0-1 (began 1998)
• Last 5 meetings: Georgetown is 4-0-1
• Last Meeting: Georgetown won 3-2 on Sept. 22, 2013 (Recap/Box)
• On the Hoyas: Georgetown reached the third round of the NCAA Tournament last year and were nationally-ranked all season, one year after being the national runner-up. The Hoyas lost six seniors to graduation, including Hermann Trophy semifinalist Steve Neumann, but do return their leading scorer Brandon Allen.
Sunday, Sept. 14, 1 p.m. at Seton Hall
• 2013 Record: 7-9-2, 3-6 / 8th BIG EAST
• Series vs. Princeton: Princeton leads 12-11-5 (began 1986)
• Last 5 meetings: Princeton is 5-0
• Last Meeting: Princeton won 1-0 on Sept. 15, 2013 (Recap/Box)
• On the Pirates: The team scored its most goals last year (27) since 2008, led by freshman Samuel Geller with 20 points. Another freshman, goalie Julian Spindler, made his mark a year ago. Two major holes are left by forwards Max Garcia and George Velasquez.
Wednesday, Sept.10, 7 p.m. in Princeton
• 2013 Record: 11-7-2, 3-4-2 / 3rd Big East
• Series vs. Princeton: St. John's leads 4-1-2 (began 1995)
• Last meeting: St. John's won 2-0 on Oct. 15, 2013 (Recap/Box)
• On the Red Storm: St. John's finished in a three-way tie for third in the Big East last year and earned an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament. The Red Storm reached the second round, falling to UVA 2-0. St. John's lost three starters from last year's team, including its second leading scorer Jimmy Mulligan and goalie Rafael Diaz. The team brings back 82% of its point production including leading scorer Sean Sepe who had 15 points last year.
Friday, Sept. 5, 8 p.m. in Teaneck, N.J.
• 2013 Record: 9-8-1, 2-4-1/5th NEC
• Series vs. Princeton: Princeton leads 15-7-1 (began 1987)
• Last 5 meetings: Princeton is 3-2
• Last meeting: FDU won 3-0 on Sept. 6, 2013 (Recap/Box)
• On the Knights: Leading scorer Nico Wright is back for his senior season; as is first-team all-conference midfielder Anders Vest-Hansen. The team has holes to fill defensively as NEC Defender of the Year Nicholas Walker and starting keeper Jacob Lissek graduated.
> Full Schedule and Results
- 5:00 PM
- 2:00 PM
- 3:00 PM