The Princeton women's tennis team opened its dual-meet season with a 6-1 win over Temple Wednesday night on the indoor courts in Jadwin Gymnasium, taking both completed doubles matches and the top five singles bouts.
Lindsay Graff defeated Temple's top player, Yana Mavrina, without giving up a game at first singles. That came after she teamed with Amanda Muliawan, who gave up only one game in her win at second singles, to beat Temple's top doubles duo of Carly Bohman and Minami Okajima, 8-3.
Princeton will continue its dual-meet schedule in Ohio over the weekend with two matches hosted by the University of Akron, first against No. 52 Missouri Saturday at 9 a.m. and then against host Akron at 10 a.m. Sunday.
(73) Princeton (1-0) 6, Temple (1-4) 1
1. (45) Graff/Muliawan (P) def. Bohman/Okajima (T), 8-3
2. Katherine Flanigan/Hahn (P) def. Doms/Mavrina (T), 8-1
3. (58) Chow/Goepel (P) vs. Breland/Osei (T), unfinished
Order of finish: 2,1
1. Lindsay Graff (P) def. Yana Mavrina (T), 6-0, 6-0
2. (52) Amanda Muliawan (P) def. Carly Bohman (T), 6-1, 6-0
3. Monica Chow (P) def. Alicia Doms (T), 6-0, 6-4
4. Katie Goepel (P) def. Rebecca Breland (T), 6-3, 6-4
5. Emily Hahn (P) def. Maame Ama Osei (T), 6-3, 6-2
6. Minami Okajima (T) def. Joan Cannon (P), 6-1, 6-4
Order of finish: 2,1,3,5,6,4