Men's Soccer Schedule - Seton Hall
Sunday, Sept. 14, 1 p.m. at Seton Hall
• 2013 Record: 7-9-2, 3-6 / 8th BIG EAST
• Series vs. Princeton: Princeton leads 12-11-5 (began 1986)
• Last 5 meetings: Princeton is 5-0
• Last Meeting: Princeton won 1-0 on Sept. 15, 2013 (Recap/Box)
• On the Pirates: The team scored its most goals last year (27) since 2008, led by freshman Samuel Geller with 20 points. Another freshman, goalie Julian Spindler, made his mark a year ago. Two major holes are left by forwards Max Garcia and George Velasquez.
|Location||South Orange, N.J.|
|Field||Owen T. Carroll Field|
|Head Coach||Gerson Echeverry, 3rd year|
Wednesday, Sept.10, 7 p.m. in Princeton
• 2013 Record: 11-7-2, 3-4-2 / 3rd Big East
• Series vs. Princeton: St. John's leads 4-1-2 (began 1995)
• Last meeting: St. John's won 2-0 on Oct. 15, 2013 (Recap/Box)
• On the Red Storm: St. John's finished in a three-way tie for third in the Big East last year and earned an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament. The Red Storm reached the second round, falling to UVA 2-0. St. John's lost three starters from last year's team, including its second leading scorer Jimmy Mulligan and goalie Rafael Diaz. The team brings back 82% of its point production including leading scorer Sean Sepe who had 15 points last year.
Friday, Sept. 5, 8 p.m. in Teaneck, N.J.
• 2013 Record: 9-8-1, 2-4-1/5th NEC
• Series vs. Princeton: Princeton leads 15-7-1 (began 1987)
• Last 5 meetings: Princeton is 3-2
• Last meeting: FDU won 3-0 on Sept. 6, 2013 (Recap/Box)
• On the Knights: Leading scorer Nico Wright is back for his senior season; as is first-team all-conference midfielder Anders Vest-Hansen. The team has holes to fill defensively as NEC Defender of the Year Nicholas Walker and starting keeper Jacob Lissek graduated.