Claiming the doubles point and five of six singles matches, the Princeton men's tennis team beat UC Santa Barbara 6-1 Sunday afternoon in Jadwin Gym to extend its winning streak to four matches.
"It was a successful weekend and I continue to be pleased with the way we're playing doubles," Princeton coach Billy Pate said. "It sets a positive tone going into singles and allows us to capture early momentum. We look forward to another good week of practice before our last home stand next weekend going into spring break."
Zack McCourt, Matija Pecotic, Matt Spindler and Matt Siow were winners in both singles and doubles as the Tigers extended their winning streak to four matches.
Princeton will have its third straight home weekend next Saturday and Sunday, facing Stony Brook and St. John's before embarking on a spring trip to California.
(55) Princeton (7-3) 6, UC Santa Barbara (3-4) 1
1. (29) McCourt/Pecotic (P) def. Ndimande/Sultan (SB), 8-3
2. Dan Davies/Spindler (P) def. Bouillin/Gryaznov (SB), 8-4
3. Bloom/Siow (P) vs. Riminton/Miles Seemann (SB), 6-4, DNF
Order of finish: 1,2
1. (6) Matija Pecotic (P) def. Mbonisi Ndimande (SB), 6-3, 6-1
2. Zack McCourt (P) def. Benjamin Recknagel (SB), 6-4, 6-4
3. Matt Spindler (P) def. Axel Bouilin (SB), 6-4, 4-6, (10-8)
4. Ziad Sultan (SB) def. Augie Bloom (P), 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
5. Matt Siow (P) def. Alexander Gryaznov (SB), 6-4, 6-0
6. Dan Richardson (P) def. Andrew Riminton (SB), 6-3, 6-3
Order of finish: 6,1,5,2,3,4