After playing 10 straight games on the road on both coasts, the No. 13 Princeton men’s water polo team returns home to square off with Bucknell (6-3, 1-2 Southern) on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 1 p.m. at DeNunzio Pool. The Tigers enter this weekend at 10-3, 3-0 Southern and will look to remain undefeated in divisional play.
Last Time Out:
• Princeton is coming off a 4-3 weekend in Southern California, suffering all three losses to top-seven foes in then-No. 1 UCLA, No. 2 USC and No. 7 Long Beach State.
• The three defeats to ranked foes accounted for Princeton’s first losses of the year, snapping its six-game season opening win streak.
• The Tigers defeated Chapman, 13-9, La Verne, 13-5, Claremont, 13-9, and Whittier 8-6.
Follow the Tigers: Live video will be available for all Princeton home games at GoPrincetonTigers.com.
• Are you following Princeton on social media? Follow the athletics department at Facebook.com/PrincetonAthletics, Twitter.com/PUTIGERS, Vine.com/PUTIGERS and Instagram.com/PrincetonAthletics.
• Connect with the Tiger water polo program at Facebook.com/PrincetonWaterPolo and Twitter.com/PWaterPolo.
Hoffenberg Named Southern Player of the Week:
• Junior co-captain Drew Hoffenberg was named Southern Division Player of the Week, capturing his fourth career weekly honor.
• He is coming off a 17-goal performance over Princeton’s seven-game road trip to Southern California.
• He had a pair of five-goal games, along with adding five steals, four assists, three blocks and drew 13 ejections over the trip.
Jeremic Picks Up First Southern Rookie of the Week Accolade:
• Freshman Jovan Jeremic earned his first collegiate honor, picking up Southern Division Rookie of the Week accolades.
• He scored 13 goals, including notching a team-high three versus then-No. 2 USC, while notching three steals and an assist over the seven-game swing.
• Over its first 13 games Princeton is outscoring opponents 132-107.
• Drew Hoffenberg leads the attack with 34 goals, while Jovan Jeremic (24) and Thomas Nelson (20) rank second and third, respectively.
• Bucknell enters Sunday’s meeting with a 6-3, 1-2 Southern record.
• The Bison defeated Navy, 8-6, for its lone conference win, before falling to George Washington, 15-14, and Johns Hopkins, 14-12, last weekend.
• Julian Colina leads the offense with 15 goals and five assists.
• Keegan Williams has 52 saves, 48 goals against and a .520 saves percentage as the team’s primary goalie.
• The Tigers own the all-time series versus the Bison, 38-13, holding a 16-3 record at home.
• Princeton went 2-1 versus Bucknell in 2012, defeating the Bison twice in the regular season, before falling 7-6 in the semifinals at the Eastern Championship.
On Deck: Princeton remains at home, hosting Johns Hopkins and Navy on Saturday, Oct. 12.