Women's Tennis Blanks Seton Hall for Big East Weekend Sweep
Following up Saturday's win over Rutgers, the Princeton women's tennis team defeated Seton Hall Sunday, also by a 7-0 score, to complete a weekend sweep of New Jersey's two Big East schools.
Princeton improved to 4-1 on the dual-meet season but will have its strongest opponent of the campaign next Saturday when it heads south to face Duke, ranked No. 4 in the nation on the ITA's Feb. 12 list. Princeton checked in at No. 72 in the nation on that chart, and another ranking will be out Feb. 19. The Blue Devils are 7-1 after a 4-0 win Sunday over No. 2 Florida.
Seton Hall fell to 0-5 with Sunday's loss. Complete results from the match are below.
(72) Princeton (4-1) 7, Seton Hall (0-5) 0
1. Joan Cannon/Graff (P) def. Portela/Sher (S), 9-7
2. Flanigan/Hahn (P) def. Cordero/Shoemaker (S), 8-2
3. Chow/Muliawan (P) def. Anna Guryanova/Landert (S), 8-2
Order of finish: 3,1,2
1. Lindsay Graff (P) def. Chloe Sher (S), 6-3, 6-1
2. (85) Amanda Muliawan (P) def. Rocio Portela (S), 6-0, 6-0
3. Monica Chow (P) def. Alex Landert (S), 6-2, 6-1
4. Katherine Flanigan (P) def. Madison Shoemaker (S), 6-0, 6-0
5. Katie Goepel (P) def. Karina Cordero (S), 6-2, 6-2
6. Emily Hahn (P) def. Maria Rodriguez (S), 6-4, 6-0
Order of finish: 4,2,3,5,6,1