Men's Tennis Gets By Brown, 4-3
PRINCETON -- The Princeton men's tennis team picked up a 4-3 win over No. 54 Brown Saturday afternoon at the Lenz Tennis Center to move to 2-0 in the Ivy League.
Princeton swept the doubles point and got wins from Matija Pecotic, Dan Richardson and Ravi Yegya-Raman to seal the win. Richardson's victory was the clincher, putting the Tigers ahead 4-2.
Including last season and the first two Ivy matches of this season, eight of Princeton's last nine Ivy League contests have been decided 4-3. The Tigers are 7-1 in those eight matches.
Princeton will host Yale Sunday at 2 p.m. Given the weather forecast of mid-60s and sun, the match will be played outdoors at the Lenz Tennis Center.
Princeton (11-8, 2-0) 4, (54) Brown (14-4, 0-1) 3
1. (40) Siow/Spindler (P) def. Azargui/Deighton (B), 8-6
2. Bloom/Dan Davies (P) def. Burke/Spector (B), 9-8
3. Michael Lin/Yohei Shoji (P) def. Fife/Hill (B), 8-3
1. (65) Matija Pecotic (P) def. Brandon Burke (B), 6-1, 6-3
2. Soufiane Azargui (B) def. Matt Spindler (P), 2-6, 7-5, 6-1
3. Will Spector (B) def. Augie Bloom (P), 6-4, 6-3
4. Dan Richardson (P) def. Mike Hill (B), 6-3, 4-6, 6-2*
5. Sam Fife (B) def. Matt Siow (P), 6-2, 4-6, 6-1
6. Ravi Yegya-Raman (P) def. Daniel Hirschberg (B), 6-2, 7-6
* clinching match
Video courtesy team member Michael Katz.