Men's Tennis Caps Spring Trip with 4-3 Win at UC Irvine
IRVINE, Calif. -- Princeton made it two out of three on the spring trip to California with a 4-3 win over UC Irvine Saturday in Southern California.
Princeton took the doubles point with wins by Matt Siow and Matt Spindler at first doubles and by Augie Bloom and Matija Pecotic at second. Three different Tigers - Zack McCourt, Dan Richardson and Ravi Yegya-Raman - provided the three singles wins necessary to claim the team victory. Yegya-Raman's match stretched to three sets, as did Bloom's defeat at third.
Princeton will start the Ivy League schedule next Saturday, March 31, at 2 p.m. at Penn.
Princeton (9-8) 4, UC Irvine (2-14) 3
1. (34) Siow/Spindler (P) def. Cheung/Matthews (UCI), 9-8(4)
2. Bloom/Pecotic (P) def. Gould/Jung (UCI, 8-6
3. DeCoster/Kazarian (UCI) def. Lin/Shoji (P), 8-6
1. (81) Fabian Matthews (UCI) def. (44) Matija Pecotic (P), 6-1, 7-6(6)
2. Sam Gould (UCI) def. Dan Davies (P), 6-0, 6-0
3. Jacob Jung (UCI) def. Augie Bloom (P), 0-6, 6-3, 6-4
4. Zack McCourt (P) def. Jon Kazarian (UCI), 6-4, 7-6(4)
5. Dan Richardson (P) def. Ryan Cheung (UCI), 7-5, 6-2
6. Ravi Yegya-Raman (P) def. Shuhei Shibahara (UCI), 6-1, 3-6, 6-3