PRINCETON -- In the first of two matches this weekend, the Princeton men's tennis team dealt Temple a 7-0 loss Friday evening in Jadwin Gym.
It was the first meeting since 2003 in a series Princeton now leads 22-0 over the Owls, having first met in 1948.
The Tigers won two of the three doubles matches to claim the first point and took all six singles matches, including five in straight sets. Temple's Mansur Gishkaev pushed Dan Davies to a third set at fifth singles, but Davies won the deciding frame played in a tiebreaker format.
Princeton will head to St. John's (7-2) for a 2 p.m. match Sunday.
Princeton (6-6) 7, Temple (4-3) 0
1. F. Rams/K. Rams (T) def. (24) Siow/Spindler (P), 9-8(2)
2. Bloom/Pecotic (P) def. Gishkaev/Hairston (T), 8-2
3. Lin/Shoji (P) def. Marquart/Vizhunov (T), 9-8 (4)
1. (31) Matija Pecotic (P) def. Filip Rams (T) 6-4, 6-2
2. Matt Spindler (P) def. Kacper Rams (T), 6-2, 6-2
3. Augie Bloom (P) def. Dmitry Vizhunov (T), 6-0, 6-3
4. Dan Richardson (P) def. Kristian Marquart 6-3, 6-2
5. Dan Davies (P) def. Mansur Gishkaev (T), 6-2, 2-6, (10-7)
6. Matt Siow (P) def. Taylor Hairston (T), 6-1, 6-3