As a countdown to the start of the 2013-14 athletic schedule, GoPrincetonTigers.com will take a look at each of Princeton's 38 sports. A new post will be added each day Monday through Friday until the first Princeton athletic events on Aug. 31.
|Princeton Men's Golf: Five Numbers to Know
||First year as a varsity sport
||Ivy League titles
||Ivy/Eastern tournament individual champs
||Year Springdale Golf Club opened
• 15th season as head coach in 2013-14
• Has led Princeton to seven Ivy titles and seven NCAA appearances
• Has had five Ivy individual champions as Princeton's head coach
• Has coached 23 All-Ivy League honorees at Princeton
• Was the top Tiger in five of the team's events during the 2012-13 season
• Won the Ivy League Championship individual title in 2013, the first Tiger to do so since 2005
• Was Princeton's top player at the NCAA regional in 2013
• A two-time All-Ivy selection, earning first-team honors in 2013
• Co-champion at the Century Intercollegiate in 2013
• Finished fourth at the Ivy League Championship, earning first-team All-Ivy honors
• Competed in every event during the 2012-13 season
• Had four top-10 finishes during the 2012-13 season
|Ten Princeton Men's Golf Facts
• Princeton is third all-time in NCAA team tournament titles. The Tigers won 12 NCAA titles between 1914 and 1940.
• Princeton has hosted the NCAA Championship, with the tournament having come to Springdale Golf Club in 1946.
• Princeton players have won a national individual title seven times, from Louis Bayard, Jr. winning the first national title in 1897 to George Dunlap in 1931.
• Princeton has had 15 Ivy League individual champions, with two Tigers winning the Eastern Intercollegiate title before the Ivy League inaugurated its own tournament in 1975. Greg Jarmas is the most recent champion, having won the 2013 title.
• Three Tigers won regular-season tournament titles in 2012-13, including Bernie D'Amato at the Yale Spring Opener, Quinn Prchal at the Century Intercollegiate, and Greg Jarmas at the Ivy League Championship.
• Will Green is the only person to coach the team in the 21st century. He took over as the team's coach for the 1999-2000 season and has guided the team to seven Ivy League titles.
• The longest-tenured coach on record in program history is Harry Kinnell, who coached 19 seasons from 1946-65. Kinnell, Bill Quackenbush (1971-85) and Green are the only coaches on record to have led the team for more than a decade.
• The head coaching position is one of Princeton's endowed coaches, as Green became the J. Stuart Francis '74 head coach as of 2013.
• Princeton's home course, Springdale Golf Club, has been open since 1896. It opened a new clubhouse in 2007.
• Since the Ivy began its own tournament in 1975, Princeton has won 20 of the 39 Ivy League titles, more than every other school combined.
July 10 - Baseball
July 11 - Field Hockey
July 12 - Football
July 15 - Women's Tennis
July 16 - Men's Heavyweight Crew
July 17 - Women's Basketball
July 18 - Men's Outdoor Track
July 19 - Women's Open Crew
July 22 - Men's Lacrosse
July 23 - Women's Squash
July 24 - Men's Golf