Men's Tennis Sweeps Third Straight Match, Defeats Buffalo 7-0
Taking its third straight match in Jadwin Gym in a sweep, the Princeton men's tennis team beat Buffalo 7-0 Saturday afternoon to improve to 6-3 on the season.
"It was a solid performance today and I felt we performed fairly well throughout the lineup," Princeton head coach Billy Pate said. "We really came out exceptionally sharp from the onset in doubles and I was particularly pleased with how with executed on each of the three doubles courts. Tomorrow against UC Santa Barbara will be another challenge so we need to be ready to go again."
Zack McCourt, Matija Pecotic, Matt Spindler and Augie Bloom were all winners in both singles and doubles, and Pecotic gave up only one game in his win over Buffalo's top player, Vusa Hove.
The Tigers will host UC Santa Barbara Sunday at 11 a.m. in Jadwin Gym. The Gauchos, 2-3 heading into the weekend, have a Saturday afternoon match at St. John's as the first half of their East Coast trip.
(55) Princeton (6-3) 7, Buffalo (5-3) 0
1. (29) McCourt/Pecotic (P) def. David/Mehta (B), 8-3
2. Dan Davies/Spindler (P) def. Hove/Ionescu (B), 8-1
3. Bloom/Matt Siow (P) def. Sergio Arevalillo/Sharma (B), 8-3
Order of finish: 1,2,3
1. (6) Matija Pecotic (P) d. Vusa Hove (B), 6-1, 6-0
2. Zack McCourt (P) d. Damien David (B), 6-1, 3-6, (10-8)
3. Matt Spindler (P) def. Sebastian Ionescu (B), 6-3, 6-7, (10-9)
4. Augie Bloom (P) def. Pablo Alvarez (B), 7-5, 6-3
5. Dan Richardson (P) def. Ashwin Sharma (B), 6-3, 6-4
6. Jonathan Carcione (P) def. Akhil Mehta (B), 6-0, 6-3
Order of finish: 1,6,4,5,2,3