Sherrerd Field at Class of 1952 Stadium

Stadium Guidelines
Directions
Parking

The Class of 1952 Stadium, home to Princeton lacrosse, was renovated in 2012, with the addition of Sherrerd Field. 

Sherrerd Field consists of the brand-new FieldTurf that was installed when the existing artificial turf was removed following the 2011 field hockey season in Phase 1 of the reconstruction.

The field was officially dedicated on March 17, 2012 in between the women's and men's games. The first game played was the men's game versus Hofstra on Feb. 25.

Also included in the project are new team rooms, concession areas, storage areas, and rest rooms.

The $5 million project will be completed by August 2013.

Since the opening of the Class of 1952 Stadium for the 1996 field hockey season, the three teams who have called the facility home have combined for 34 Ivy League championships, 14 NCAA Final Four appearances and five NCAA championships.

New practice facilities, Finney and Campbell Fields, are also used for practice with one lined for men's lacrosse, one for women's lacrosse. The football stadium, Princeton Stadium, is also used for practice and occasional competition. Field hockey now uses Bedford Field, leaving Sherred Field solely for the lacrosse programs