Men's Tennis Sweeps Weekend, Tops Yale 4-3
PRINCETON -- Staying undefeated in the Ivy League, the Princeton men's tennis team defeated Yale 4-3 Sunday afternoon at the Lenz Tennis Center.
Princeton fought back from losing the doubles point by getting singles wins on court one from Matija Pecotic, on court four from Dan Richardson, on court six from Ravi Yegya-Raman, and the clincher on court five from Matt Siow.
Nine of Princeton's last 10 Ivy League matches dating back to last season have ended with a 4-3 final.
Though the Tigers kept the zero in the Ivy League loss column, challenging matches lie ahead over the Ivy League season's last two weeks. Princeton and Columbia are both 3-0 in the league, and the Tigers' next three opponents are all ranked in the ITA top 75. Dartmouth, next Saturday's opponent in Hanover, is ranked 67th, while Harvard, next Sunday's opponent in Cambridge, is ranked 20th. Columbia, which Princeton will face April 20 in Manhattan, is ranked 50th.
Princeton (12-8, 3-0) 4, Yale (12-7, 1-1) 3
1. (40) Siow/Spindler (P) def. (67) Hoffman/Powers (Y), 8-6
2. Patrick Chase/Huang (Y) def. Bloom/Dan Davies (P), 8-5
3. Blumenkranz/Joel Samaha (Y) def. Michael Lin/Yohei Shoji (P), 9-8
Order of finish: 2,3,1
1. (65) Matija Pecotic (P) def. (118) Marc Powers (Y), 6-0, 6-1
2. John Huang (Y) def. Matt Spindler (P), 6-1, 7-5
3. Daniel Hoffman (Y) def. Augie Bloom (P), 3-6, 7-6, 7-5
4. Dan Richardson (P) def. Erik Blumenkranz (Y) 2-6, 7-6, 6-0
5. Matt Siow (P) def. Zack Krumholz (Y) 6-3, 6-7, 6-2*
6. Ravi Yegya-Raman (P) def. Kyle Dawson (Y) 6-1, 6-4
Video courtesy team member Michael Katz.