Women's Tennis Swept in Doubleheader in Alabama
The No. 40 Princeton women's tennis team fell to No. 58 Illinois Saturday in Birmingham, Ala., at the Blue Gray National Tennis Classic before losing 4-1 to Oklahoma State.
Princeton will face No. 57 SMU Sunday at noon Eastern Time in the Tigers' final match at the event.
The Illini won the first four singles matches to be decided, as the teams played a singles-first format, and won the right to play No. 20 Alabama later Saturday afternoon while Princeton tangled with the Cowgirls beginning at 2:30 ET.
Oklahoma State also got to four wins in singles play in a match in which the Tigers were unable to field a sixth singles player. Monica Chow got Princeton's point with a straight-set win over Kanyapat Narattana.
(58) Illinois (6-2) 4, (40) Princeton (5-3) 0
1. Marisa Lambropolous (I) def. (84) Hilary Bartlett (P), 6-1, 3-6, 6-2
2. Lindsay Graff (P) vs. (120) Allison Falkin (I), DNF
3. Melissa Kopinski (I) def. Rachel Saiontz (P), 7-5, 7-6(4)
4. Rachael White (I) def. Katie Goepel (P) 6-4, 6-1
5. Monica Chow (P) vs. Amy Allin (I), DNF
6. Chelcie Abajian (I) def. Joan Cannon (P), 6-1, 6-0
Oklahoma State (5-2) 4, (40) Princeton (5-4) 1
1. C.C. Sardinha (OSU) def. (84) Hilary Bartlett (P), 6-1, 6-2
2. Lindsay Graff (P) vs. Malika Rose (OSU), DNF
3. Meghan Blevins (OSU) def. Katie Goepel (P), 1-6, 6-0, 7-6(2)
4. Monica Chow (P) def. Kanyapat Narattana (OSU), 6-3, 7-6(7)
5. Mary Jeremiah (OSU) def. Joan Cannon (P), 6-4, 6-3