Women's Tennis Sweeps Rutgers, 7-0
PRINCETON -- Extending its win streak over its local rivals to 16 in a row, the Princeton women's tennis team swept Rutgers 7-0 Sunday afternoon in Jadwin Gym.
The Scarlet Knights (3-1) swept its first three opponents this season, but Princeton, the first ranked opponent for Rutgers this season, turned the tables by taking two of the three doubles matches and all six singles bouts in straight sets.
With the win, Princeton enjoyed a weekend sweep over major-conference foes, defeating No. 41 Maryland of the ACC before notching another win against Big East opponent Rutgers. Now 3-1 on the season, Princeton will head to Yale next weekend for the ECAC Championship.
(51) Princeton (3-1) 7, Rutgers (3-1) 0
1. (51) Bartlett/Graff (P) def. Holzberg/Petrini (R), 8-1
2. Balasa/Judeh (R) def. Cannon/Flanigan (R), 8-6
3. (55) Goepel/Saiontz (P) def. Balsamo/Ivey (R), 8-4
Order of finish: 1,3,2
1. Hilary Bartlett (P) def. Jennifer Holzberg (R), 6-4, 6-3
2. Lindsay Graff (P) def. Vanessa Petrini (R), 6-2, 7-5
3. Katherine Flanigan (P) def. Morgan Ivey (R), 7-6(6), 6-3
4. Katie Goepel (P) def. Stefania Balasa (R), 6-4, 7-6(3)
5. Monica Chow (P) def. Noor Judeh (R), 6-1, 6-0
6. Joan Cannon (P) def. Lindsay Balsamo (R), 6-1, 6-1
Order of finish: 6,5,1,4,2,3