No. 13 Menís Water Polo Returns Home to Face Bucknell
After playing 10 straight games on the road on both coasts, the No. 13 Princeton men’s water polo team returns home to square off with Bucknell (6-3, 1-2 Southern) on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 1 p.m. at DeNunzio Pool. The Tigers enter this weekend at 10-3, 3-0 Southern and will look to remain undefeated in divisional play.
Last Time Out:
• Princeton is coming off a 4-3 weekend in Southern California, suffering all three losses to top-seven foes in then-No. 1 UCLA, No. 2 USC and No. 7 Long Beach State.
• The three defeats to ranked foes accounted for Princeton’s first losses of the year, snapping its six-game season opening win streak.
• The Tigers defeated Chapman, 13-9, La Verne, 13-5, Claremont, 13-9, and Whittier 8-6.
Follow the Tigers: Live video will be available for all Princeton home games at GoPrincetonTigers.com.
• Are you following Princeton on social media? Follow the athletics department at Facebook.com/PrincetonAthletics, Twitter.com/PUTIGERS, Vine.com/PUTIGERS and Instagram.com/PrincetonAthletics.
• Connect with the Tiger water polo program at Facebook.com/PrincetonWaterPolo and Twitter.com/PWaterPolo.
Hoffenberg Named Southern Player of the Week:
• Junior co-captain Drew Hoffenberg was named Southern Division Player of the Week, capturing his fourth career weekly honor.
• He is coming off a 17-goal performance over Princeton’s seven-game road trip to Southern California.
• He had a pair of five-goal games, along with adding five steals, four assists, three blocks and drew 13 ejections over the trip.
Jeremic Picks Up First Southern Rookie of the Week Accolade:
• Freshman Jovan Jeremic earned his first collegiate honor, picking up Southern Division Rookie of the Week accolades.
• He scored 13 goals, including notching a team-high three versus then-No. 2 USC, while notching three steals and an assist over the seven-game swing.
• Over its first 13 games Princeton is outscoring opponents 132-107.
• Drew Hoffenberg leads the attack with 34 goals, while Jovan Jeremic (24) and Thomas Nelson (20) rank second and third, respectively.
• Bucknell enters Sunday’s meeting with a 6-3, 1-2 Southern record.
• The Bison defeated Navy, 8-6, for its lone conference win, before falling to George Washington, 15-14, and Johns Hopkins, 14-12, last weekend.
• Julian Colina leads the offense with 15 goals and five assists.
• Keegan Williams has 52 saves, 48 goals against and a .520 saves percentage as the team’s primary goalie.
• The Tigers own the all-time series versus the Bison, 38-13, holding a 16-3 record at home.
• Princeton went 2-1 versus Bucknell in 2012, defeating the Bison twice in the regular season, before falling 7-6 in the semifinals at the Eastern Championship.
On Deck: Princeton remains at home, hosting Johns Hopkins and Navy on Saturday, Oct. 12.