Yale Deals @PrincetonTennis Women First Ivy Loss
Yale won the doubles point and four singles matches to win its Ivy League opener and deal the Princeton women's tennis team its first Ivy defeat Friday afternoon at the Lenz Tennis Center.
Princeton picked up wins from Lindsay Graff at first singles and Emily Hahn on court five to secure two points, with Graff's victory coming in a tiebreak third set against Elizabeth Epstein, the No. 46-ranked player on the most recent Intercollegiate Tennis Association's national list.
The Tigers will return to the Lenz Tennis Center Saturday at noon for a match against Brown.
(41) Yale (12-2, 1-0) 5, (65) Princeton (9-5, 1-1) 2
1. Epstein/Sullivan (Y) def. Chow/Graff (P), 8-3
2. A. Li/Hamilton (Y) def. Cannon/Goepel (P), 8-4
3. Flanigan/Hahn (P) def. Amos/Yu (Y), 8-6
Order of finish: 2,1,3
1. Lindsay Graff (P) def. (46) Elizabeth Epstein (Y), 4-6, 6-2, (10-5)
2. Madeleine Hamilton (Y) def. Katherine Flanigan (P), 6-4, 4-6, (10-2)
3. Annie Sullivan (Y) def. Katie Goepel (P), 6-2, 6-3
4. Hanna Yu (Y) def. Monica Chow (P), 6-1, 6-1
5. Emily Hahn (P) def. Amber Li (Y), 7-6, 6-1
6. Courtney Amos (Y) def. Joan Cannon (P), 7-6(2), 6-0
Order of finish: 4,3,6,5,1,2