UC Irvine's Late Goals Defeat Women's Soccer 2-1
• Princeton fell 2-1 to UC Irvine to close the teams' play in the UCLA Soccer Classic in Los Angeles.
• UC Irvine improves to 4-6 with the win while Princeton falls to 2-3-1
• The Tigers had led 1-0 with five minutes left, but goals in the 85th and 87th minutes turned the tide.
• UCI outshot Princeton 20-4 overall and 6-1 on goal. UCI had 10 corner kicks to Princeton's one.
• The Tigers will return east to face Lafayette at 7 p.m. Wednesday on the road. Lafayette is 3-4-1 and snapped a three-match losing streak with a 4-0 home win over Wagner Sunday.
• Jen Hoy had Princeton's goal in the 11th minute. She leads the Ivy League with six goals, also an Ivy-best average of one goal per game.
• Princeton had to change goalkeepers in the 21st minute when senior Claire Pinciaro was red-carded for handling the ball outside of the box. She finished with one save. Classmate Kristin Watson finished with three saves over the final 69 minutes. The Tigers also played with nine field players after the red card.