Men's Tennis Sweeps Fairleigh Dickinson
Without allowing a match to extend to a third set, the Princeton men's tennis team defeated Fairleigh Dickinson 7-0 Saturday afternoon in Jadwin Gym.
Matija Pecotic, Matt Spindler, Augie Bloom and Zack McCourt were all winners in both singles and doubles on the afternoon Princeton participated in Campus Kids Day, the USTA's initiative to get local youth interested in tennis. Princeton players participated in a clinic for kids through eighth grade after the match.
With the win, Princeton improved to 4-3 on the season in just the team's second match in seven this year against an ITA-unranked opponent. The Tigers will turn right around and face Bucknell Sunday at 10 a.m.
(65) Princeton (4-3) 7, Fairleigh Dickinson (0-2) 0
1. Pecotic/Spindler (P) def. Berzins/Shams (F), 8-7(3)
2. Bloom/Matt Siow (P) def. Hemy/Skvarka (F), 8-3
3. Michael Lin/McCourt (P) def. Gricheno/Sjoberg (F), 8-6
Order of finish: 2,1,3
1. (3) Matija Pecotic (P) def. Arvis Berzins (F), 6-1, 6-2
2. Zack McCourt (P) def. Ibrahim Shams (F), 6-1, 6-3
3. Matt Spindler (P) def. Yuri Gricheno (F), 7-6(3), 6-1
4. Augie Bloom (P) def. Mark Hemy (F), 6-1, 6-4
5. Dan Richardson (P) def. Markus Sjoberg (F), 6-0, 6-1
6. Jonathan Carcione (P) def. Peter Skvarka (F), 6-1, 7-6(6)
Order of finish: 5,2,1,4,3,6